Adorn your home with the coziness and warmth that comes from the look of and feel of quality 6×9 area rugs.
Rug Design Types
There are various types of 6×9 area rugs available across the world, with the majority of them still celebrated and widely used in Middle Eastern countries and also in the West.
- Knotted rugs
- Woven rugs
- Hooked rugs
- Flat weave rugs
- Embroidered rugs
- Tufted rugs
6×9 Area rugs are available in an assortment of designs whether you’re looking to purchase a luxury Persian rug or simply a beautifully tailored area rug to cover some floor space in your living space, at Amazon you can shop your suitable pick.
Rugs can be made from various materials such as wool, cotton, silk or a variety of combined fabrics. The chosen materials are then spun and made into yarn in order to be woven into the desired rug. These rugs will also be colored by means of dyeing the fabric to produce variety and then dried. Rugs comes in various sizes with 6×9 area rugs being one of the most easiest fitting sizes and commonly used in homes.
Types of 6×9 Rugs
Oriental and Persian Rugs comes in their various colors, designs and fabrics and also available in sizes such as 6×9 area rugs.
- Aubbuson Rug – Turkish design / replicated India, China Pakistan
- Bokhara Rug – Afghan (colors/design: single knot, angular guls)
- Peshawar Rug – Origin Pakistan (colors/design: geometric patterns)
- Gabbeh Rug – Origin Persian (colors/design: geometric mix of patterns not too much pattern)
- Kazak Rug – Origin Azerbaijan – Armenian and Afghanistan woven (colors/design: geometric pattern, red, gold, blue)
- Khotan Rug – Origin Chinese Turkistan (colors/design: Chinese and central Asia patterns)
- Oushak / Ushak Rug – Origin Turkey (colors/design: centre medallion, terracotta tints, ivory, gold, blue, green, cinnamon)
- Kashan Rug – Origin Iran (colors/design: centre medallion, floral motifs
- Qashqai – Origin Iran (colors: classic gold, madder red or indigo blue)
These majestic works of art can feature an assortment of patterns and colors and some are made by hand, others by machine. The price will vary depending on the type of rug and quality and process of how it had been made, as well as materials used such as fabrics.
At Amazon you can find an assortment of beautiful 6×9 area rugs to suit your taste and decor needs as well as safe non-slip pads.
You can also shop for the following types of 6×9 area rugs on Amazon:
- Microfibre Dorm Rug 6×9 – anti-slip, soft touch, vacuum friendly, machine washable
- Safavieh Lyndhurst Collection 6×9 area rug – floral design, non-shedding features
- Reversable Mats 6×9 – 100% polypropylene, easy to clean, UV protected, carry bag included, light and easy to store away by folding
- Natural Fibre Maritime Seagrass 6×9 Area rug – 100% seagrass, earth friendly, durable, recommended rug pad (sold separately)
Find a great deal on the 6×9 area rug of your choice and enjoy an easy shopping experience online now. Fill your home with an oriental touch of splendor and create the cozy atmosphere that truly makes a home.
Other Uses For 6×9 Area Rugs
Rugs are not only beautiful decorative pieces, often times they can cost a pretty penny especially when they have been manufactured with expensive, rare materials like fine silk for instance. It is understandable that one wouldn’t simply want to discard these lovely pieces and instead preserve them into a frame or featured wall art.
In general, rugs can be used for many different things including the following:
- Audio – as part of soundproofing for speaker boxes
- Decor – on floor matching finishes in the home
- Upholstery – as wall hanging artwork, or feature wall
- Pet beds and cat scratch pads – can cover a pet bed with rug, which is not only insulating in cold weather but also comfortable. They are also durable to use on a cat scratch pad or cat furniture.
- Aerobics or Yoga mats – can be used in your exercise routine, providing comfort and skid proof durability
Rugs can virtually be used for anything you put your creative mind to.
Rugs have been around for centuries, and it has served many purposes for countries in the East and in the West. Today rugs are still seen in many homes as a beautiful decorative piece serving to bring warmth and beauty into the living space.
What are Rugs?
When it comes to rugs and carpets, it is easy to confuse the two, however, a carpet usually fits from wall-to-wall and covers a larger area of the house, in addition to rugs, which are smaller and covers less floor space. People often tend to prefer 6×9 area rugs to fit floor spaces at home.
Rugs have been around for many years, some dating back to 3000BCE, where they were first solely hand-woven into their beautiful designs by using fabrics such as wool and silk. These fine works of art were first made by ancient nomads traveling, with the rugs used to generate heat on the ground where they would settle in a place. These older types of rugs were hand woven from animal pelt or fur. The famous Persian rugs started in Persia (where the Persian carpet industry derived). The Turkish also made their rugs along with various other places in the East such as China, Pakistan and India, which gave an oriental spin on these rugs. The rug trend later spread throughout other parts of Asia and Western countries such as France, America, Spain and England.
Palaces in the past and today are still adorned with the finest quality rugs, from 6×9 area rugs to various other sizes to accommodate the massive living spaces.